To ensure a safe and risk-free environment for riders and ride leaders, we ask that all Berkhamsted Cycling Club (BCC) members join British Cycling also – this provides suitable insurance and provides a number of other benefits all year round. (If you are a member of the Cyclists’ Touring Club with 3rd party insurance, this will be accepted in lieu of British Cycling membership.)
British Cycling’s minimum acceptable policy for required insurance is ‘Ride’, so we recommend this.
British Cycling offer BCC members a 50% discount on their first year (only) off British Cycling’s membership: https://www.britishcycling.
The registration and payment process for both British Cycling & BCC membership is available on-line from BCC’s page on British Cycling’s website.
Please complete all fields on the membership form including ICE, email and telephone details.
You will be presented with the following BCC membership options:
• Annual: £25 per year
• 2nd Claim: £15 per year (only available to riders with First Claim membership of another club)
• Youth £17.50 per year (12-17 years)
• Student: £15.00 per year (18-25 years with valid student union card)
Please note that British Cycling charge a £1.00 administration fee.
Your membership purchase will be confirmed by email, and you will also receive a membership pack by email from the Membership Secretary.
The Club has membership cards, including emergency contact information, and these are to be carried by members on club rides.
New members can collect their cards from Lovelo Cycle Works in Berkhamsted.
If you have any questions about membership please contact our club membership team.
New family memberships now available
BCC was set up in 2014, is a very successful club, subscriptions continued to grow and we have over 200 members.
Around 20% of our members are ladies, we currently have more than 10 families, but less than 10 youth / student members.
The Committee is keen to encourage more families to join BCC, and have fun on 2 wheels.
We are now offering 2 different great value membership options:
Annual One Adult family membership £37.50
Annual Two Adult family membership £50.00
If interested in either membership, please follow these steps for the members of your family to join BCC:
1. Click here to contact the Membership secretary.
2. Trial ride with BCC for all the family. Click here for information on a trial ride.
3. Click here to join British Cycling and select Berkhamsted Cycling Club as your club.
4. Buy your BCC family membership on the British Cycling website. Please note signed parental forms (for Child Welfare Officer) need to be completed for each youth member and given to the Membership Secretary. The Parental Consent form can be downloaded by clicking here.
5. Click here to send an email to the Treasurer with names of the family members.
6. Each member will be issued with a BCC membership card, to be carried on all club rides.
7. Enjoy the club rides and the social activities!